Read by Grade Three Law
The State of Michigan passed House Bill 4822 in order to improve literacy in all Michigan schools. A child's ability to read well is not only important during their K-12 school experience, but it has a profound impact on life beyond school.
Central Montcalm Public Schools continually works hard at improving our curriculum and instructional practices to ensure that our students are proficient in reading. We support our teachers through professional development and instructional coaching, and we support our parents through resources and special events.
Below you will find many of the resources available to parents and community members about the Read by Third Grade law.
Please contact your building principal or district curriculum director for more information.
- MDE Read By Grade Three Law Website
- Read by Grade Three Guide
- Facts for Families: What is the Read by Grade Three Law? - English
- Facts For Families: What is the Read by Grade Three Law? - Spanish
- Essentials for Families: What families can do to support reading and writing
- Read by Grade Three - Parent Awareness Toolkit
- Parent's Read At-Home Plan for Student Success - English
- Parents Read At-Home Plan for Student Success - Spanish
- Michigan's Action Plan for Literacy Excellence