The Central Montcalm Public School community will have the opportunity to vote on a bond proposal on the August 8, 2023 election ballot. If approved by voters, this bond proposal would provide $47,500,000 for district-wide improvements with an estimated zero mill increase to property owners over the prior year’s levy.
This bond proposal addresses high-priority projects and focuses on two key areas:
- Expanding educational programs and learning environments
- Updating aging buildings & sites
BOND FOCUS AREAS
Expanding Educational Programs and Learning Environments
- Building an auditorium
- Constructing band and choir classrooms
- Renovating the High School art classroom
- Adding classrooms at the Elementary School for early childhood programming
- Improvements to the outdoor athletic facilities: Concessions, public restrooms, team rooms, synthetic turf, and storage facilities
Updating Aged Buildings and Sites
- Improving HVAC systems - adding cooling
- Replacing select classroom furniture
- Parking lot improvements at the Middle School / High School
- Replacing select flooring
- Playground improvements
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Here are over thirty questions and answers regarding the 2023 bond proposal.
ATTEND A COMMUNITY FORUM
Hear from district leaders regarding details of the bond proposal.
Forums will be held on:
May 15 at 7:00 p.m. at CM Middle School CafeteriaCompleted
- July 17 at 7:00 p.m. at CM Elementary School Cafeteria
WHAT'S THE BALLOT LANGUAGE?
View the ballot language breakdown.
Polls are open: Tuesday, August 8, 2023, from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Registered voters may cast a ballot at the polling location established by their city/township.
Absentee voting: All registered voters may vote via absentee voter ballots, available as early as Saturday, June 29, 2023.
More information on voting: Visit www.michigan.gov/vote
BOND PLANNING PROCESS
CMPS went through a bond planning that involved the community, staff, administration and the Board of Education.
Community Survey Results (Issued January 2023)
Community Forum Presentation (Held February 20, 2023)
WHAT IF I HAVE ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS?
If you have further questions, contact Marty James, Superintendent, at firstname.lastname@example.org